New Delhi: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addressed a press conference on Saturday afternoon to announce the new guidelines of Unlock 2.
Chief Minister Kejriwal announced that the lockdown will continue for another week but more restrictions will be lifted from Monday, June 7.
What’s Open And What Closed?
- Delhi Metro will resume services with 50% capacity
- Markets, malls to be opened on odd-even basis from 8 am to 10 pm
- Private offices will be allowed to function with 50% staff
- Group A staff of government offices will be allowed to function with 100%, group B with 50% staff
- Pubs and restaurants will continue with home delivery as before as no relaxations have been announced
- Earlier, With a dip seen in active Covid-19 cases, Delhi had begun the unlocking process from May 31with factories and the construction sector to resume operations.
Delhi today recorded 523 new covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, a marginal increase over yesterday’s 487 cases. The positivity rate for the last 24 hours also saw a marginal increase from 0.61% to 0.68%. Delhi also recorded 50 fatalities due to covid-19 which pushed the death toll from COVID-19 to 24,497.