New Delhi: The much-awaited new e-filing portal of the Income Tax (I-T) Department will be launched on Monday. There will be additional features in the portal including interactive software that helps in filing Income Tax Returns (ITR) preparation and a call centre for taxpayer assistance.
In a statement, the Ministry of Finance said, “Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with; Facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly.”
New Tax Payment System To Be Launched
Besides the new ITR portal, the Ministry of Finance said the new tax payment system will be launched on June 18, 2021, after the advance tax installment date to avoid any taxpayer inconvenience.
In this respect, a mobile app will also be released to help taxpayers understand various features closely.
“Familiarization with the new system may take some time, so, the Department requests the patience of all taxpayers/stakeholders for the initial period after the launch of the new portal and while other functionalities get released since this is a major transition. This is another initiative by CBDT towards providing ease of compliance to its taxpayers and other stakeholders,” the Ministry said.
What are the features of the new ITR filing portal?
1) The new taxpayer-friendly portal shall be integrated with the immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers
2) All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by the taxpayer.
3) Free-of-cost ITR preparation software available offline and online with interactive questions to help taxpayers file ITR even without any tax knowledge, with pre-filling, for minimum data entry effort.
4) New call centre for taxpayer assistance for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos, etc.
5) All key portal functions on the desktop will be available on the mobile app which will be enabled subsequently for full access on the mobile network.
6) New online tax payment system on the new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options such as net banking, UPI, RTGS, NEFT and other modes.